Your chemotherapy treatment is underway and below you’ll find tips for help ease the challenges you’ll face during Chemotherapy. This is the second post of a three-part series of my Top 5 Tips for Chemotherapy:
- Bring a computer or some kind of games. If your chemo regimen takes longer than 2 hours, it may be a good idea to bring something that will keep you entertained.
- Wear comfortable clothes and bring a light blanket. Some chemo chairs or suites can be uncomfortable and cold. Bring an extra blanket just in case.
- Bring a friend/relative to drive you home the first time. You never know how you will react after the first chemo round. Bring someone who you can depend on to keep you company and take you home.
- Bring a snack/drink. If you get hungry, it may be a good idea to eat a small snack rather than a large meal since you may have nausea a few hours after chemo.
- If you have an unexpected side effect or reaction, know your oncologist name and the names of his/her nurses so that the chemo nurse can page them directly. However, they should, theoretically, know them from your chart.
Continue reading the Top 5 Tips After Chemotherapy.