Congratulations on completing your radiation therapy. While the treatment itself should not have hurt, you may experience some side effects. Remember that the radiation itself can last in your body and fight cancer cells for weeks. Below you’ll find a few recommendations to complete this journey. This is the third post of a three-part series of my Top 5 Tips for Radiation:
- If you have fever, you should go to the ER.
- Wear comfortable clothes and stay out of the sun.
- Get lots of rest. Some patients experience fatigue after radiation therapy.
- Make sure you have medication for nausea or pain if these are the side effects that you experience.
- Ask a a few friends or relatives to stop by your house in the coming weeks. You may be fatigued and need support.
Good luck with the rest of your treatment. Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery!